Dungeons and PEERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

A Fairly Long Rest [ Gregor, Samael ] Empty A Fairly Long Rest [ Gregor, Samael ]

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm
When Gregor arrived at the Tiefling's quarters in the dwarven camp, he was greeted by a door left partially open. Enough to cover the outside, but just enough for a Paladin to consider this as an opportunity for a visit. He knocked on it just before continuing to enter only to see Samael dressing down to get ready for a good night's rest. At least, that's what Gregor believed.

"Am i interrupting something?"
jheisms
jheisms

A Fairly Long Rest [ Gregor, Samael ] Empty Re: A Fairly Long Rest [ Gregor, Samael ]

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:25 am
It was the familiar heart beat that gave it away -- despite all the metal -- enough to know just who Samael should be expecting. His tail twitched in curiosity as he stopped undressing. What could the brave Sunite want this time? Eyes on the door, the other had ten more steps until he would reach Samael's quarters. He sighed, turning to open his door slightly. 

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two--

He let out a groan just as he allowed his wings rise from his back and spread. Furling them, he shook his head, "No," he answered in his usual flat tone. "You're not."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

A Fairly Long Rest [ Gregor, Samael ] Empty Re: A Fairly Long Rest [ Gregor, Samael ]

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 am
"I just wanted to tell you that I was amazed by your marksmanship during the battle with that White Dragon." Gregor took a few steps further into the room. "I was never good with bows and arrows, so I would just like to say that... You were superb."

"If I may ask, where did you learn to shoot like that?"
jheisms
jheisms

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:00 am
"Please. Help yourself," he commented grimly. Samael's eyes followed the Paladin as he decided to go inside. Brows furrowed, he closed his door and turned his attention back to Gregor. "And I did not slay the dragon."

"At the training grounds."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:32 am
Though true that it was Gregor that landed the killing blow, it was really the collective effort of his comrades that helped in vanquishing it, and Samael was one of those that greatly contributed to its demise.

"Ah, But, slaying the dragon requires more than just my sword and shield."  The Paladin crossed his arms. "After all, it did not fall with just a single swing. You helped give me that opportunity--"

"--And, I am very grateful that you stayed to help me with the dragon."

How could anyone forget a time when their comrades attempted to use him as a decoy so that they could have a chance to hide or escape? Even Bob who was responsible for summoning the dragon with the bolt of her crossbow, attempted to flee from the predicament even after Gregor became the wall that stood between her and the dragon. It was almost disheartening to see that even after he yelled that they could take the dragon, that the other opted to hide in the snow or maybe even flee. Only two others stood their ground, Elrune; The sorceror, and Samael; the Tiefling he once drew his weapon on.

"I... " Gregor swallowed and clear his throat, not used to this kind of conversation. "I'm sorry that I drew my weapon at you when we first met. I understand that you did not have to stand by me during our fight with the dragon-- But you did. You have my deepest and sincerest gratitude. I apologize for such a misconduct."

Last edited by SuneChoseMe on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jheisms
jheisms

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:59 pm
Too much kindness in one conversation and Samael already had twice with Gregor. He would give the same enthusiasm in return,  jumping for joy and whatever else, but he was low on emotional expressions. Still, he offered a humble nod. "Likewise."

Earlier was unsightly. The others were so easy to abandon a comrade and run. Two things Samael greatly disagree on. It wasn't in his nature to run away from trouble. It was his job to make them go away. But as for the brave Paladin, Samael could only offer a tiny bit of sympathy. It was somewhat expected.

In retrospect, the whole thing was a bad idea. The group were smitten by a crown, wanted a goat, but instead, got a white dragon. Treacherous these beasts go, Samael would always keep a look out for them. Dragons were one of the unreasonable creatures -- especially the ones with hobbies. They talk, they offer a deal and they don't take no for an answer. Trolls were much easier to handle for the Tiefling. They were a better talker than they are a fighter.

"It's fine. Horns, tail, wings and all. We Tieflings tend to give a scare and all that."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm
Samael was forgiving even after he wrong him twice: one was drawing a weapon on him on the first meeting and the second was the moonshine incident. Gregor would rather not remember that one. He was lucky enough that heavy armor could hide one's shudder.

The man was much older and maturer than him, he handled things in stride compared to his hot-headed way of dealing with problems. Samael was willing to deal with problems and Gregor on the other hand was the kind of person who solved problems be being a greater problem for that problem, not so different from an ancient dragon ramming into the locked gates of a castle. It worked but it was loud and destructive.

"I have never really met a Tiefling before to be honest. The most I know about your kind are from stories, poetry, and song."
jheisms
jheisms

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:55 am
Since time in memorial, tieflings were already existing. They were everywhere and it would take good magic to alter their forms. Samael's eye brow rose. He wondered about Gregor's age. Just how long was the paladin stuck in their Sunite walls to be this innocent? The tiefling was reminded of the days were young slayers like him were eager to fight, to leave the castle, to face monsters. Sticks, wooden swords gave them annoying splinters, and hay dummies were hardly a good foe.

Ah, I get it. No wonder.

"Let me guess, they have the words 'murder, danger, ugly' in them, huh?" Samael's arms crossed as he shook his head. "Well, you met one. Congratulations."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:43 pm
"Sunites never sing about ugly things." He continued, "The songs dabbled in.. the erotic really."

He remembered those songs sang by clerics about Tieflings who seduced maidens into intoxicated stupor. He also remembered the mention of whips and leather at some other songs. Blue eyes from behind the helmet looked at Samael from head to toe, he did not seem to be into whips or leather.

"Hm. You do not seem to be the type to seduce. Are the songs wrong? Or are all Tieflings just different from each other?"

Last edited by SuneChoseMe on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jheisms
jheisms

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:16 am
"Don't need to."

Samael lightly scoffed. A bit of nostalgia slowly crept in him. From dwellings of different Houses, each had an echo of poems and music that went out into the Void. He remembered every piece of literature he encountered. They were made long afterwards from sources of great diversity. There were poems, there were annals and oral tales. And no matter how much the Sunites stray away from ugly matters, by the end of the day, it was the same old theme: Tieflings were harbingers of chaos.

I wander the endless planes,
Treading guild, and hall and fane.

"Depends. Nature or how they were brought up. A lot can happen in a vizier's career."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:52 pm
Don't need to? Was that just a sudden burst of confidence from the much older man?  Male Tiefling was still a man just like any other.

"I see. That makes sense. And--"

"What about you? I would not expected you to be an Inquisitor, a monster hunting one to be exact."
jheisms
jheisms

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:56 pm
"It pays."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 pm
Gregor blinked, "That's it?"
jheisms
jheisms

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 am
A shrug. 

"Mhm."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:11 am
Gregor was uncertain on how to continue this. He was not adept such small talk and he was wondering if Samael was already putting an end to their conversation. "Ah."

Silence.

"Well, it appears that I have taken enough of your time."

He bowed.

"I hope you enjoy the rest of the evening, Samael. Until next time."
jheisms
jheisms

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:18 am
Samael hated bowing and gave a nod instead. "Likewise. You know your way out, I'm sure." 

He straightened himself as he didn't wait for Gregor to leave. Turning, he resumes undressing, ready to sleep as exhaustion fully consumes him. "Until next time."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:04 pm
As he raised his head, he could not help but notice a certain "charm" that fell out. The color of red, gold, and white was what really caught his attention. These were Sunite colors and how could a loyal Paladin of the Ruby Rose Knights not recognize the intricate detailing placed on their own order's handicraft.

A Sunite Scapular, and not just any scapular, it was the one given out by clerics to those who frequented the baths for worship services. One that Gregor was all too familiar with. His mother used to be one of the clerics who gave communion to the men who desired to experience the love of Lady Firehair. A life that could have also been his had he not turned away from clerical training in favor for the call to arms.

The Paladin dared not to judge someone who owned these but he knew of bastards who abused this service for the sake of simply getting a beautiful man or woman in their arms.

"Ah." He hoped that Samael was not at least one of them. "I never saw you as someone who was a fervent worshiper of the Lady Firehair."
jheisms
jheisms

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:31 am
"It's because I'm not."

Samael's ears perked up at the mention of the Sune Goddess Lady Firehair. He wasn't an outwardly worshipper per se, though he would never deny the fact that he enjoyed his visits to them. And the baths, they were his favourite to pass time. And the clerics, which had all the important qualities he was looking for-- they pleased all his senses. 

The first time he visited one of the Sune's baths was when he had a contract that involved a basilisk. 

'All of a sudden', the townsfolk's favorite word to describe the bloody mess. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, there was a basilisk. Beasts rarely come, they said, and even if they did, they hardly bring any threat. But of course, it didn't take Samael long to figure out that because of the town's mercenaries, thinking that it would do them good, came across a basilisk's nest and destroyed it. 

But the basilisk they killed had a mate and the town had no choice and dealt with the recklessness of their so-called fighters. And had Samael not acted immediately, he would have experienced the same fate. 

"They were, uh, accommodating during my first time of need. They accepted me right there and then."

Being swallowed by a basilisk and with innards all over him afterwards, no one wanted to take Samael in. There were no nearby river and the next city would take him ten sunrises. The stench that clung onto him and being a tiefling - it was a bad combination. But he made it. And they offered public baths. And they were very hospitable. He couldn't say no. 

"I do not mean any offense, but honestly, I almost forgot how things worked in those baths. Was too caught up."
SuneChoseMe
SuneChoseMe

Sat May 05, 2018 12:16 am
It's because I'm not.

Gregor felt his ear twitch at that but maybe this was all just an honest mistake, a man caught in a whirlwind of hypnotic gestures and curves that was hard to break out once dipped into. Such were men, as his mother would tell him. Admittedly, the physically stronger of the sexes but so easily swayed by the aroma of fireflowers on a woman's hair. Samael was still one. He should not be surprised.

"Let me guess. They read your scriptures that you barely even listened to."

But, who could really blame the Tiefling? Not many establishments would accept his kind but for a possible convert, the bath houses will. Gregor sighed. An orgasm was a form of achieving enlightenment afterall--

-- at least that's what he was taught. Though his vows made it forbidden for him to meddle with that sort of subject, it was still a part of the Sunite beliefs.

"But, let's not speak about that. it is a personal matter."
jheisms
jheisms

Sat May 05, 2018 2:53 am
Samael crouched and picked the scapular up. "I listened. Beauty and love. Love in all forms, tales of romance, true love, love prevails all -- it is nice to hear happy endings for once. I got tired of the same old shit of conspiracies." The charm in his hand, he placed it down carefully on the small table nearby. "I do not have anything against your religion. By all means, I offer my arms to them if needed but that is it."  

Samael never saw himself to be a devotee for kings, lords or idols - let alone for gods. A believer but not a follower. He was taught to be amoral, but time made him follow his own code. Ready to help, but not always. A balanced mix of his parents.

"Hmm... Just because I have a prick does not mean I use it to think, Paladin."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum