Dungeons and PEERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira
Admin
http://dndpeers.forumotion.asia

It's You. [Crow, Otter] Empty It's You. [Crow, Otter]

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 pm
I know you're still out there.

"Otter, have you even listened to a word we'd just said?" Demanded Ferrah, her grey eyes squinting. She sighed and ran her perfectly polished fingers through her blonde curls before shaking her head. Otter gave her a nervous smile and a whimsical giggle before shaking her head. "Honestly, what are we ever going to do with you? You've been spacing out a lot more lately. Is something on your mind?"

Otter shook her head, still smiling at Ferrah. The half elf was only older than the aasimar by two years, yet acted decades her age. Otter plucked a flower from one of the many rosebushes that surrounded the Temple of Beauty and carefully positioned it behind the half-elf's pointy ears. "My, Ferrah!” She gasped, before clasping her hands together. "You're absolutely beautiful.

Of course Ferrah knew that. They all did. It wasn't so long ago that Otter discovered the average person didn't look like a Sunite. Otter felt strange about it at first, and still hadn't gotten used to the average human being. Ferrah simply sighed again, and linked her arms with the aasimar. Otter smiled and rested her head on the older girl's shoulder.

"Come, we must get these ingredients for Zia before she throws a hissy-fit." Ferrah said, looking back at the main door. Otter rarely left the temple to go to town, she wasn't adjusted to the stares she received whenever she went to town. Her foster mothers all told her it was because she was beautiful. At first she didn't believe it, she remembered how the people in her home village looked at her when they saw her for the first time. A blinding halo, blanked-out eyes: they branded her a monster. She shuddered.

"Let's go, Ferrah-dear. I have an inkling that today is going to be a good day.” She smiled, forcing other thoughts out of her mind. They waved goodbye to the other people who were out and about before skipping along the intricate path leading out of the temple.

"You always say that. Ferrah remarked. Otter smiled and shook her head as they headed out to town. There was something different about the day. She could just feel it.

LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

It's You. [Crow, Otter] Empty Re: It's You. [Crow, Otter]

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm
In the lower deck of the ship Puffin a hooded figure stirs from his sleep. The sound of the sailors working and the rays of sunlight, indicated that it was almost noon. The figure stretched his body and slowly rises from his spot. Suddenly a voice shouts from above which washed away all of his drowsiness.

"Waterdeep, in sight!"

With haste, the man climb up and ran towards the bow of the ship. The man gazed at the grand city of Waterdeep, a look of anticipation flickered in his pale, pupil-less eyes.

Finally, Im almost there

The journey for the young man has been difficult. Pirates, Sea monsters, rough weather and hunger plagued his trip. It was relatively easy to reach the port of Memnon but chartering a boat to cross the Sea of Swords was a whole different matter. Crow had to bargain for a spot in a merchants ship and even volunteered to sleep in the cargo bay.

But it's all worth it if I can see you again

Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:55 am
The town was always bustling with people. Otter had always loved the sound of horses trotting along the cobblestone path. The scent of fresh bread coming from the old baker’s open windows filled her nostril. Ferrah held onto the basket as they waltzed through the town. Otter often dawdled saying “Hi” to each passerby and chatting with the children.

The two were ogled at, just as many Sunites were. Though Otter was fairly used to it, she was still surprised that someone like her foster father could accumulate more stares than everyone in the Temple of Beauty combined. It amused her, though chased away the boys she had been interested in.

As she stood idle, lost in her thoughts, she felt an odd pang in her chest. She pressed a palm to her heart, her eyes instinctively scanning her surroundings. Something was different, though she couldn’t place her finger on it just yet.

Ferrah tore her gaze away from the fresh produce to look at her companion. “Is anything wrong, Otter?

The aasimar shook her head. "N-no! I’m sorry for making you worry. Let’s see, what do we have here?” She jumped to her companion’s side and gazed at the assortment of greens.

Her thoughts however, drifted somewhere else. Somewhere more…familiar.

LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am
As the Puffin glided into the dock, Crow marveled at the sight of the huge port. It was even busier than Calimport and hosted far more variety of races.

"Quite, a grand sight no" A baritone voice said behind him. Crow looked and saw that it was the captain of the ship. A large hairy man that you would either mistake for a bear or a corsair. But contrary to his appearance the captain was reputed to be a generous fellow, and a devout follower of Ilmater. When Crow first approached the captain he was still his usual stoic self, but he saw in pupil-less eyes, desperation and accepted him in his ship.

Crow nods and responds with a brief "Mmm" before looking back at the port.

The captain smiles wryly, in the journey here from Memnon he has not heard Crow utter anything more that ten words.

'Cmon lad, lets get off this boat. Waterdeep is a huge place but luckily I know of some people who might be able to help you find yar person.

Crow nods and follows the captain, his eyes shining with anticipation.

Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 am

As Ferrah promptly paid for the vegetables, Otter’s attention was brought to a small stand in the middle of the marketplace. Behind the stand sat an old woman, her long white curls almost masking her face. Although she didn’t see her directly, Otter could tell she was staring right at her. Or through her.

Otter blinked. "I’ll be back in a moment, Ferrah-dear. There’s something I must see.” She patted Ferrah’s arm and gave the half-elf no moment to respond. Instead Otter walked towards the old woman.

As she approached, she could see the fine assortment of trinkets on the woman’s table—a standard crystal ball used for scrying, a bunch of cards, and a few good luck charms. Otter believed in magic, everyone did. But no one would dare do anything so risky. Still, it was always fun to have your fortune read.

One gold a readin’, dearie.” The old woman smiled, revealing a set of crooked yellow teeth. Her long robe clung to her scrawny body, and in this heat, Otter could only imagine how uncomfortable she felt. “But for a pretty girl like you…the prize is almost free

"Almost?” Otter repeated, perplexed by the woman’s statement. How could something be almost free?

For the small price of a lock of your hair, my dear.” She grinned again. It seemed fair. It was just hair after all. “I can guarantee Madame Kezia sees all.” She pointed to her eye whimsically.

"O-okay then. It’s just hair…” Otter uttered, instinctively twirling a few strands of hair on her fingers. Madame Kezia rubbed her hands together before producing a small set of shears. Otter hesitantly took them before snipping away a small lock of hair.

As she handed it over to Madame Kezia, the strands vanished and the old lady grinned. “Excellent, now let us see what the cards have in store.” The woman shuffled through her deck of tarot cards and spread them out for Otter to choose.

Choose three, pretty dearie.” She motioned to the cards and Otter closed her eyes, allowing fate to guide her.

The back of the card was standard. A purple deck with a symbol of a silver eye. Otter turned it over, greeted by a simple picture of a sun.

What a lucky child we have here.” The old woman rubbed her hands together. “The sun will shine for you today, little one. And you will experience new beginnings. Whether good or bad, I can assure you, you will shine through them, though it may mean leaving everything behind here to pursue bigger dreams.” Madame Kezia grinned, gauging her to draw her second card.

This time Otter drew a card with a beautiful woman, a crown sitting atop her head. On her neck was a bright golden cross. “The high priestess.” Madame Kezia commented. “It makes sense to follow after the sun. Answers you have thought were lost will be found, and everything will fall into place soon. A surprise awaits you too.

Otter had an inkling that today was going to be a good day, and the cards she had drawn seemed to indicate that. She had flutters in her chest as she drew her final card. On it was a strong male figure sitting on a throne. Madame Kezia laughed and Otter looked at her quizzically.

You may want to keep this card.” Madame Kezia beemed.

"I-I do?

The emperor symbolizes what is coming for you, what is coming to you, and how you should react. Acceptance is the best way, child.

"And what makes this card special?

It means, young one—” Madame Kezia rubbed her hands together. “—That you will receive what you most desire.

LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:24 pm
In a tavern near the Waterdeep docks, a masked hooded man and a seedy looking man where staring each other down.

"Hey Cap't, you sure we should be helping this guy", the seedy looking man broke eye contact with Crow and looked at the man seated next to him.

The bearded man chuckled. "Don't worry Dan, the lad may look suspicious-- and well he is-- but he's a good kid.". Dan doesn't seem convinced but takes the captains word anyway.

"So what does the he want?" The mask and hood may unerve him but Dan has seen worse stuff before

The captain looks at Crow first before responding "He's looking for someone. Someone, important to him"

Crow nods and says ]b]"....Aasimar."[/b]

Dan's eyes narrow. "That could be problematic. The Aasimars here are greatly protected by temple of Sune." He looks at Crow. "And I dont think they would be happy if something where to happen to them"

The Captain smiles and assures Dan. "Dont worry, the last thing this kid want to do is hurt that person'

"Oh?" Dan exclaims "But I still dont trust you hoody, give me one good reason why I should tell you"

Crow nods and slowly removes his hood, his long platinum hair falls gently down. He then takes of his mask, revealing a handsome face that would make men jealous and women swoon. His pale, pupil-less eyes look back at Dan. "...Looking for....Family"
Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:46 pm
Otter!” Otter turned her head to the direction of Ferrah’s voice. The card was still pressed between her delicate fingers, the picture of the emperor burned into her memory. Otter had many desires: one of which was Sergio raising her allowance so that she could buy more sweets.

She had to play it coy though.

She beamed at Ferrah. "Whoops! Did you miss me for a bit? Hee..hee.” She said, awkwardly giggling. The half-elf rolled her grey eyes and sighed.

You’re always dawdling.” She scolded, before noticing the card in Otter’s hand. “What do you have there?

"Madame Kezia gave it to me…” Otter replied, but as she turned to look for the old woman, she was gone.

We have a lot of work to do when we get back. You’re on garden duty today!” Otter laughed. She was always on garden duty. The flowers sprouted as she walked barefoot after all, and she loved filling Sune’s home with many beautiful flowers.

"I wouldn’t have it any other way.” She smiled as the two headed back to the temple.

She kicked off her boots and stared up at the bright blue sky. She could imagine the image of the sun on the tarot card staring down at her. Was it really her luck that brought sunshine to the day? Otter never considered herself to be especially lucky, however the circumstances that brought her here made her feel incredibly grateful.

She had a family, and although they would never replace the one she had lost, it was still nice to be loved and accepted somewhere.

Her toes curled as the soles of her feet pressed into the warm soil, grass tickling her feet. She threw her arms up in the air, dancing in the grass and allowing sunlight to bathe her. Little by little, small flowers sprouted from the garden, little bulbs of different coulors colouring the once bare field.

What did she most desire?

She already knew the answer and it made her heart ache even thinking about it.

Him. Always him.
LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:23 pm
"Hahahaha! The look on Dan's face was priceless" The captain laughed out loud as he recalled the shocked looked on Dan's face. Crow looked at him and thought to himself. You had the same look when I showed my face as well....

After Crow revealed his face to Dan, he told them where to go and the Captain volunteered to guide Crow there. From the Docks they made their way towards the inner part of the city. They eventually stopped at the gate leading to the inner area of the city.

"Well lad I guess this is where we part ways. Im still needed in the docks" Captain pats Crow on the back "Just head straigh till you see a grand temple, that should be the temple of Sune. Good luck lad" and turns back to where they came

"Hey....Captain" Crow suddenly says, stopping the Captain. Then says in a barely audible voice. ".....Thank you"

The Captain looks back but Crow had already vanished. The Captain shakes his with a wry smile on his face and goes about his way.

Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm
They say when twins are born, they’re created with a special kind of bond, a red string of fate that ties them together, never breaking, only stretching, tangling, and one day, snapping back together. The bond for aasimars were similar, yet more intense, especially for these two devas.

The deal they made lasted a lifetime, and though Otter could not retrace those memories, she knew that in every lifetime there would be Crow. Crow and Otter, two sides of the same coin, but she knew she would be nothing without him.

This world was composed of happiness and sorrow. Like piano keys their song was one that was bittersweet, yet the wheel of fate played it over and over again. His was the first love she had ever known. He was her only family even before the world had existed.

And she felt him here.

It wasn’t in the metaphysical sense. She could actually feel his presence. The number of aasimars Otter had encountered in her short life was next to none, but Crow’s presence always felt familiar. And now she was certain it was him.

She turned towards the temple of Sune, scared to move from the garden. She was certain he was in the vicinity.

But she was scared.

Yet Otter took her first step. And then her second. And then her third.

Still barefoot, her soles pressed against the warm cobblestone path, a trail of flowers growing in her path.
LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm
The temple of Sune was a grand sight indeed, it was a small piece of beauty in this dull and grey world. Crow stood in the shadows and marvelled at the temple, but a strange feeling surrounded him.

A strange yet familiar feeling.

Logic demands that Crow must take caution as he investigates the area but in his heart he know that she's here. Every fiber of his being now tells him to rush in and find her. But as Crow took his first step, he hesitates. Doubts fill his mind.

Would she recognize me?

Would she believe me?

Would she be happy to see me?

He looks at his hand and a small dark dagger manifest for a moment

Sister, would you even accept what I've become....
Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:47 am
She sprinted into the temple, graceful hands pushing at the intricately designed back door. If Otter had wings, she’d be flying, but she was only an angel with a halo and eyes that seemed to stare into one’s soul.

The temple was grand, and Otter knew she’d run into trouble possibly before she ran into her brother. It wasn’t hard to find her, the flowers that grew in her path marked her location. Why had she forgotten to wear shoes?

As she tried to sneak past the other clergy members, Otter simply followed her heart and the familiar tugging feeling. His presence. Him. How Otter longed for him for so long.

They all told her she was dead.

She had never believed it.

She darted through the large temple, dancing from room to room avoiding eyes that stared at her. She had done this many times as a young child, when she was first brought here.

When they had been torn apart by the fire that killed their family.

In a few moments, she hoped they would be reunited. She stared at her surroundings for a moment—a grand temple filled with beautiful hedonists. Otter had no clue where her brother had grown up in, and she feared the worst: that while she was enjoying the fine luxuries of life, her brother was on the streets suffering.

Tears formed in the corners of her eyes and she stopped in her tracks, her fingers hesitant to open the next door. Would he really want to see her after all this time? What if he assumed she stopped looking for him?

That she abandoned him?
LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:00 pm
Heed my words child/i]

As Crow was about the turn away, the words of his Master rang in his head. He remembered back when he was about to leave the library and his Master told him some cryptic words.

[i]The path you will take will be difficult, yet you must stay true to what your heart tells you.

Crow places his hand on his chest and closes his eyes.

Go

A single word, but that is enough for him. Courage fills his eyes as he has made his decision. Crow slowly takes of his mask....

"I will always be a part of the shadows, but I will no longer hide from the light"

...and drops it.

With renewed purpose he steps out of the darkness and walks towards the temple.
Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 am

She opened the last door that lead to the long hallway, the hallway before the entrance. Her heart was beating so wildly in her chest. Butterflies danced around in her stomach, fluttering so wildly Otter wanted to throw up.

She moved slowly.

What if he didn’t recongnize her? She was no longer the chubby cherub he’d watch chasing frogs by the small pond of their childhood home as he sat perched on the tree, his face buried in some book.

He was always much more reserved than she was, even though it had just been the two of them.

She walked across the hallway, towards the large temple doors. Could he be outside?

She pressed palm to the door, her eyes closed. She could not open it, in fear of disappointment.

Are you there brother?
LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:58 pm
A hooded figure moves towards the entrance of the temple, drawing the gazes of people nearby. It emerged from the dark street and moved as if it was gliding, and a pale aura seems to emanate from it, growing stronger and brighter as it made it was way towards the temple. It was an ominous sight and some of the temple's residents wanted to go and confront the specter yet none dared moved from their places.

Fear gripped their hearts as they thought of what would the specter do to their beloved temple, and was even baffled as to why the holy aura of the place drive it away, yet it looked as if it made it stronger.

They held their breaths as it approached the main door, and they braced for whatever calamity it would enact. Yet the figure did nothing of that sort but only stopped in front of the temple doors. A pale hand slowly reaches out to touch the door yet it hesitates and stays there for some time.
Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:33 pm
Otter could feel her heart beat rapidly in her chest like a caged dove seeing sunlight for the first time. With every second that passed, every set of eyes that watched her every move—Otter felt the world spinning around her.

She took a deep breath.

And then another.

What if he wasn’t outside?

What if she had just been fantasizing as she had for years.

Was this really the day?

Brother…

The cards were laid out. They were in her hands. The emperor’s eyes bore into hers.

It was now or never…

And with a deep breath, she pushed the doors open.
LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 pm
At the last second Crow held back, doubts filled his mind. The courage he built up vanished just like that and fear took its place. He was afraid of rejection and being alone once more.

But nothing ventured, nothing gained

Crow took a deep breath and reached out for the door, but as his hand was about to touch it the door opened. There he saw a woman, with sun-kissed skin, bright blue pupil-less eyes, and a golden aura emanating from he very being. The two stared at each for what seems like ages and Crow knew.

He took of his hood and smiled, the first in 13 years.

"I've found you"

*queue I see the light*
Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 pm
"

Otter was stunned. All she could do was stare. He had grown so tall, he easily towered over her. Those eyes—a blinding grey, almost white that reflected stars when the sun fell, long silver hair that somehow made him look threatening yet angelic all at the same time, soft skin that Otter used to pinch when they were children.

She could not help it.

As hot tears threatened to fall from the corners of her eyes, she ran the short distance between them and hugged him. She hugged him with all the strength she had and called onto the divine to give her more.

She buried her face into his shoulder. He was the same, yet so different. He was tangible, unlike the memories she simply sifted through over and over again.

"It’s you...” She whispered, trying not to sob. "Brother, it’s really you.
LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:08 pm
As she hugged him, Crow was stunned at first. years of fanatical research left the young Aasimar deprived of social interaction. But slowly he wrapped his arms around her, the familiar warmth is there once again. The last time he felt this warmth was before that tragic day and as the memories resurfaced he hugged her tighter.

[Never again. Im not going to lose you ever again.[/i]

Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 pm
She would have held him for an eternity if she could. She lingered in his warm embrace, her eyes shut, allowing her to feel every moment of their reunion. Years had gone by since she’d last seen him, and she deserved to have this at least.

It was Crow. Had he come to stay?

"They told me you were dead brother…” She whispered, still refusing to let go. "But I always knew, I always knew you were still here with me.

She pulled away slightly to look up at him. She smiled, she couldn’t help it. He had grown so much and so did she. She wasn’t as tall, she was tiny compared to him.

"Have you come to stay brother? Please say yes.
LeggaeShark
LeggaeShark

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:18 pm
Crow looked at her, and saw that cute, hyper little girl has grown into a beautiful young woman. A small smile emerged from the usually stoic face, it was only with her that he could smile.

He nodded and said "...Yes"

Kaira
Kaira
Admin

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:20 pm
She melted. Oh they had so much to catch up on! She gave him a tight squeeze, followed by a soft peck on the cheek.

But where were her manners!

Taking his hand, Otter excitedly pulled him into the temple. "Come! Let me make tea and you can tell me all about your life!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum